Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, May 23, 2008

Gaudí's Vision


If Antoni Gaudí (1812-1926)- the Catalan architect with a unique vision, had lived into the new millennium, I can only fancy New York City would have some of his flavor.

I was at a friend’s office overlooking 5th Avenue in New York, when I noticed the reflections on the building across the street. I don’t think my friend saw what I was seeing – Gaudí’s New York in all its bizarre splendor. I went to my friend’s office to talk finances, but all I could see was a post-Franco Barcelona. My mind wondered while we talked of a retirement plan.


For more on Gaudí, visit many of the sites devoted to his work. You might begin here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Gaudi



Shot with a Canon SD600 on May 22, 2008

2 comments:

Stephen Newton said...

I like your images and your thoughts, Ozzie. I'll be back for another visit soon.

Ozzie Alfonso said...

Thank you Stephen. I just browsed through your blog and it seems we perceive the world from similar angles.

Spread the word, I could use more encouragement.

Oz